The Fire District conducts two types of plan reviews for its customers. The first type of review is a conceptual, or preliminary, site or landscape plan. The second is a review of all permitted plan submittals.
Preliminary Plan Review
Please note: For a fee, Preliminary Plan Reviews are by submittal only. Plans may be submitted at our Administration Office during normal business hours.
We would like to clarify the preliminary plan review process for the Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District. Preliminary site plan reviews are defined as conceptual review of a site plan. The following items will be reviewed:
- Fire hydrant and fire flow
- Access (gates and driveways) length, width, grade, turnarounds, and surface material
- Hose Pull
- Building setback from top of slope
- Other fire and safety related site concerns
There is also a conceptual preliminary site plan review for landscape which includes the following:
- Vegetation clearance
- Fire code requirements
Permitted Plan Submittal
Please note: Typical plan review turn around is 10-15 business days depending on the current work load.
The RSF Fire District requires all plan submittals to include:
- Two (2) sets of County red-stamped original building plans (except fire sprinklers, fire alarms, hood cooking systems, and landscape plans, see below*) and one (1) copy of the County red-stamped original building plans.
- Completed County Mitigation form
- Project name
- Project address (if applicable)
- Owner's name, address, & phone number
PLANS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED, WITHOUT THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE!
Additional requirements for plan submittal are as follows:
- Building Plan Check Sheet
- Fire sprinklers, fire alarms, and hood cooking systems do not go through the County but DO require review by a third party. Submittal criteria are listed in the Fire Sprinkler Plan Check Sheet (pdf).
- The Fire District requires a landscape and/or fuel modification plan to be submitted and approved prior to the house framing inspection. Submittal criteria are listed in the Landscape Plan Check Sheet(pdf).
Plans are accepted at the Fire District's administrative offices located at 18027 Calle Ambiente/ P.O. Box 410, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067. The administrative offices are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; the office is closed on most major holidays.
Typical plan review turn around is 10-15 business days depending on the current work load.
Forms of Acceptable Payment:
- Visa or MasterCard
- Check (Personal or Business)
- Money Order/Cashier's Check
Oak Tree Consultant List (pdf)
(Please note that the lists above provide the names and contact information for consultants that have previously worked within the Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District. The District makes no guarantees or claims as to the individuals' credentials, licenses, insurance, or abilities. We provide these lists only as a convenience to you.)
For answers to your basic questions about plan submittal, please contact us at 858-756-5971.