Emergencies can arise at any time. Do you have a plan in place? The more you prepared before an event, the better you will be able to handle any situation that may arise.
- Be sure to register your phone with Alert San Diego, the County’s reverse 9-1-1 system.
- Download the San Diego County Emergency app.
- Prepare a disaster preparedness kit.
- Make a list of items to take with you if you have to evacuate.
- Have an evacuation plan in place, including at least two ways out of your neighborhood.
If an emergency does happen, remain calm and put your plan into action.
- If you need immediate assistance, call 9-1-1.
- Turn on the news, either on television or radio.
- Heed any evacuation orders or other directions given by authorities.
- If you do evacuate, remain out of the area until you are told it is safe to return.