Plan Submittal Requirements
Please note: Typical plan review turn around is 10-15 business days depending on the current work load.
The RSF Fire District requires all plan submittals to include:
- Two (2) sets of County red-stamped original building plans (except fire sprinklers, fire alarms, hood cooking systems, and landscape plans, see below*) and one (1) copy of the County red-stamped original building plans.
- Completed County Mitigation form
- Project name
- Project address (if applicable)
- Owner's name, address, & phone number
PLANS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED, WITHOUT THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE!
Additional requirements for plan submittal are as follows:
- Building Plan Check Sheet
- Fire sprinklers, fire alarms, and hood cooking systems do not go through the County but DO require review by a third party. Submittal criteria are listed in the Fire Sprinkler Plan Check Sheet (pdf).
- The Fire District requires a landscape and/or fuel modification plan to be submitted and approved prior to the house framing inspection. Submittal criteria are listed in the Landscape Plan Check Sheet(pdf).
Plans are accepted at the Fire District's administrative offices located at 18027 Calle Ambiente/ P.O. Box 410, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067. The administrative offices are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; the office is closed on most major holidays.
Typical plan review turn around is 10-15 business days depending on the current work load.
Forms of Acceptable Payment:
- Visa or MasterCard
- Check (Personal or Business)
- Money Order/Cashier's Check
Plan Check Forms
- Document Request Form: Please completely fill out and email to: Scheduling@rsf-fire.org or fax to (858) 756-4799.
- Knox Application: You may apply for a Knox Switch online. Instructions for applying online can be found here.
- Tent/Canopy Permit: Please pick up an application at our administrative office. Tent canopy permits must be submitted to Fire Prevention a minimum of 1 week prior to the event.
- Fire Clearance for Cielo Clubhouse Application: Please pick up at our administration office. This application is required when hosting an event at the Cielo Clubhouse where the number of guests exceeds the maximum allowable occupant load of 68. A detailed floorplan must be submitted with this application. A blank floor plan diagram can be obtained from the Homeowners Association office.
- Burn Permit: Please pick up a burn permit at our administrative office a minimum of five business days prior to the permit date.
Fire Prevention Fee Schedule
The Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District has adopted a fee schedule ordinance which lists the district's updated fees for services provided to customers.
Development Plan Review – Ordinance 1.1 thru 1.15, including the following:
- Project Availability Forms (Minor or Major)
- TM or TPM Service Letters
- Major Use Permits
- Mylar Review
- Site Plan Review Conceptual/Consultation
New Construction Plan Review - Ordinance 2.1 thru 2.14, including the following:
- Grading Plan-Building
- New Residential/Commercial Construction
- Residential Remodel/Addition
- Tenant Improvement
Fire Protection Systems and Installations - Ordinance 3.1 thru 3.10, including the following:
- Residential/Commercial Fire Sprinkler System
- Special Fire Protection Systems, Hood and Duct
- Special Hazard, Storage Tanks, Above/Underground
- Fire Alarm System
Miscellaneous Fees - Miscellaneous Fees Plan Review- Ordinance 4.1 thru 4.19, including the following:
- Stamp Transfer
- Meeting Facilities
- Photo Copies
- Fire Department Documents
- Overtime Plan Review
- Business License Inspection
- Tents and Canopies