The Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District is currently accepting applications for the positions of:
Fire Service Assistant (FSA)
The District is seeking applicants to fill a part-time position. This is an entry level position designed for those individuals pursuing a fire service career. The successful candidate will have a flexible work schedule with a maximum of up to 28 hours per week. The District is looking for a motivated person who is a self-starter, has some mechanical aptitude, and has good communication skills.
Firefighter / Paramedic
(Lateral & Entry Level)
Please see RSFFPD in action on YouTube:
Under the direction of a Company Officer, a Firefighter/Paramedic (FF/PM) provides advanced life support services to ill or injured persons in accordance with the policies established by the Department of Emergency Medical Services of San Diego County. FF/PM are responsible for performing the duties of a firefighter assigned to engine companies and other specialized District apparatus.
Applicants must submit a copy of the following for a complete application.
- Current Fire District Application (Signed)
- Valid California Drivers License
- California Firefighter 1 Certificate or approved Firefighter Academy Certificate
- Must be current on the Firefighter Candidate Testing Center (FCTC) Statewide Eligibility List (SEL) on 05/09/22. (For more information on how to be placed on the FCTC SEL, visit https://www.fctconline.org/find-a-job/fctc-statewide-list/)·
- Cal-JAC CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) Card must be dated between 05/09/21 and 05/09/22.
- A passing score on the FCTC Written Test must be dated between 05/09/21 and 05/09/22.
- To view upcoming Cal-JAC CPAT and FCTC Written Test dates, click here (https://www.fctconline.org/candidates/upcoming-test-schedule/).
- Candidates experiencing financial hardship may qualify for a grant to pay for their FCTC testing fees. (https://www.fctconline.org/grants/)
- At time of Appointment the Candidate must have a San Diego County Paramedic License.
- CPAT or Biddle not required
- All successful candidates will be required to pass an agility test
- Does not need to be on the FCTC SEL
How to Apply for an Open Position
The Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District only accepts applications for current job openings.
If you are unable to download the application materials below, applications and supplemental questionnaires are available at our Administrative Offices, located at 18027 Calle Ambiente, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067 (across the street from Station 4).
When applying, be sure to read the job announcement carefully; many applicants do not proceed in the selection process due to incomplete application packages. In addition, be sure your application package arrives to our offices before the date and time specified on the job flyer. Late application materials will not be considered.
Questions regarding employment can be directed to our Administrative-Human Resources Manager at 858-756-5971.